Book Signing

Book Signing
My book signing in November 2010

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Trust in Christ

Sorry for the lateness. It's been one of those days when I can't seem to get anything in order.

I can do all things thorugh Christ which strengthens me. (Phillippians 4:13)

As you may have read in some of my previous posts, I have been having a rough week and this morning was proving to be a continuation of that. Finally in frustration and depression I threw up my hands in prayer. I asked God for some guidance, not that I hadn't done it throughout the week, but I never really stopped to listen for a reply.
I recently with doctor recommendation changed the dosage on my anti-anxiety drugs. The doctor and I agreed that my emotions were being too blocked by the medication, to the point where I almost felt nothing. This morning I was ready to up the dosage, to give up on feeling things, because maybe now I was feeling too much. Instead of running up the stairs and finding the medicine bottle, I prayed and a couple of interesting things happen or were in the process of happening.
One thing that had been getting me down was the decision about what to do with my new completely novel, should I go the traditional publishing route or should I go pod? My husband has not offered a whole lot of support or advice  during this process, because he is very involved in his own life issues.  I didn't know where to turn or how to decide and the pod publisher was calling this morning and wanting some kind of decison. Pray.
My daughter comes in my office, she is concerned and tells her father that I won't come out of the office because of him. He comes to my office and inquires as to what is wrong. Finally, he is listening to me. I explain all the things going on in my head and I think he actually hears me.
After some discussion, I make a decision and call the publisher, but still continue to explore agents and traditional publishers. I feel some relief now and God answered three prayers.
1. Help me make a decision
2. Let my husband hear me.
3. Continue with my medicine reduction.
All it took was a prayer and listening for the answer. When I trust in Christ I can do all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment