Book Signing

Book Signing
My book signing in November 2010

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Memories of Winter

  

We went home to Pennsylvania for a visit a Christmas time. The first few days were nice and the snow minimal so the girls got to do a little sled riding, but then we got several inches of snow (the wet heavy stuff good for building snowmen.) The girls were thrilled and bundled up to play in the snow. My granddaughter Andi had already had snow playing experiences, living in PA, but my youngest daughter Ana was totally thrilled since we get little snow in WA. So anyway out they go to build snowmen and forts. Andi's snowman consisted of one big snow ball. She just kept rolling it around the yard and it got bigger and bigger but she kept on going. All of us warm inside the house adults had great fun watching her struggle with this ever growing snowball and her determination. Ana on the other hand was building a fort and had a few small snowballs lined up in the yard. We finally convinced Ana to help Andi with the snowman and they ended up with a pretty cool one ball snowman.
You may wonder why on the verge of spring I am recalling this memory. The first thing that comes to mind is the frost on my yard this morning. Ana looked out our WA window and yelled snow as we drove to school she realized it was frost and was disappointed. She really wants snow and to move back to PA so she can have it. It's hard telling her that it's not going to happen any time soon, but I'm thinking next winter maybe we will have to take some trips to the nearby ski resorts so she can play in the snow.
Now onto spring, enough missing my family back in PA. (Just so you understand, I don't miss the snow. Just my kids.)





Cheaper Than Therapy

No comments:

Post a Comment