Book Signing

Book Signing
My book signing in November 2010

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Have Faith

So the faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God. (Romans 10:17)

Do you sit and wait for the next shoe to fall? Do you anticipate all manner of distress and evil waiting just around the corner? Is your life filled with fear, anxiety, worry? Do you plan for the worst never considering the better?

This is not the way God wants us to live. He wants you to trust Him with everything. Recently my husband and I were having a discussion about the state of the economy, something I try to avoid usually. In our relationship I am the positive one while he is the negative one. Over the years he has rubbed off on me and I hope I have rubbed off on him at least a little, but that is a stoy for another time. Anyway he is convinced that the economy will not recover anytime soon and that only man can turn it around. He is also convinced that God cannot or will not do anything about it. In one way I agree with him, man got himself into this mess. That's just about were our agreement stops. My argument was that yes while man may have created this mess if we turn back to God, God will lead us out. Husband: Nope we have to do this ourselves, God can't fix this. Me: Man has turned from God and the only way to fix anything is for man to turn back to God and have faith that this is not of God's making and yet God will fix it, if you place your faith and trust in Him.

Neither one of us convinced the other of our argument. There was no winner or loser, but instead a stalemate. So I will continue to believe that if we place our trust, our faith, our hope in God that in His time He will fix everything. There may not be lightening bolts or burning bushes but He will fix it.

Dear Jesus, grant me an unwavering faith, that you know what is right, what is good and will fix the world if they only show a little faith in you. When Abraham pleaded with You to save Gomorrah if ten righteous men could be found You agreed to not destroy the city. Please let it be so today. Do not let men destroy what You have created. Bring your faithful out of this darkness and into Your glorious light. In Jesus most awesome name I pray. Amen.

http://todayisagooddaywithgod.com/

1 comment:

  1. I admit I do wait and wonder what is going to happen next especially when I get days on end of things going wrong.

    Loved your post and the way you explain things is great. thanks.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete