Book Signing

Book Signing
My book signing in November 2010

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Lay your will before God

The Lord is thy keeper; the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand. (Psalm 121:5)

It is so difficult to lay our will before God and take up His will. It is difficult to trust that He will take care of everything. Our human instincts  and Satan's proddings tell us that we need to be in control and it is our will that is the most important. We trust no one especially an unseen God yet we place our trust in Satan's seeds telling us to trust no one.

Why do we listen to the rantings of Satan and not listen to the loving words of God? Following Satan's path only leads to a loss of hope, leads to despair and ultimately seperation from the one who truly loves us. Following God's path, no matter how difficult, leads to peace, love, hope, happiness and an eternal home with God, Himself. Of the two options which sounds better to you?

For me the answer is obvious, although difficult at times to do, but so much more rewarding at the end of time. My answer is the second option. I would rather be embraced in the arms of a loving God than the fires of a hateful Satan.

Most merciful, loving Jesus, as I move through this life, help me to sacrifice myself and my will to You. May I humbly accept Your will and willingly follow the path You set before me. Give me the strength to make the sacrifices necessary to be Your servant and sibling. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

http://todayisagooddaywithgod.com/

1 comment: